Monday, December 27, 2010

The Perfect Cookie

I have, in my search for the perfect cookie, tried many different recipes whose origins range from library books to foodie blogs to family recipes.  I am, as already noted, a big fan of just winging it; never following a recipe to the 'T'.  That often doesn't work out so well with cookies, but every once in a while you get lucky.


So, as I was perusing the Smitten Kitchen blog, as I am oft to do, I found a fabulous recipe for Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip, and Pecan Cookies.  I figured they were definitely worth a quick whip together while I was making my Amped Up Beer Nuts (otherwise known as Sugar-and-Spice Candied Nuts).


orange zestSoft in the middle, crispy on the outside, and with a very grown-up hint of orange zest..... 








 oatmeal cookies .... these cookies have most certainly earned a place in the family recipe box.  
And though I was slightly taken aback when the recipe produced three dozen morsels of goodness, I was so very thankful as my first bite of warm, chocolately-crunchy-yum assured me I had found the perfect cookie.  These cookies were so good, they made me wonder if I'd missed my true calling.


And while I consider myself a perfectly reasonable person, I am choosing to keep this recipe to myself.  If I gave it to you, you wouldn't love it nearly as much as when I surprise you with a plate full of what may very well become my signature cookie.  Yes, you could find the recipe online if you did a bit of searching, but the mystery would be gone and I can't have that, now can I?

No comments:

Post a Comment