Wanna have a super crazy delicious muffin with a bit of a kick? Well then, you will need:
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup butter, softened
2 eggs, well-beaten
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3-4)
2 tbsp bourbon
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tin with papers.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
3. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add well-beaten eggs and bananas. Beat on medium speed for three minutes. Add lemon juice and bourbon, beat 30 seconds.
4. Add flour mixture and beat until just combined.
5. Fold in chocolate chips and chopped pecans.
6. Using a cookie scoop, fill muffin papers with 2 scoops of batter (or 3 if you like 'em on the bigger side, like me). Bake for approximately 22 minutes or when they spring back slightly to the touch.
7. Cool completely on wire rack.
|I do believe these will be perfect with a cappuccino :)|