Tuesday, November 13, 2012

It's Almost Christmas!

And by almost, I mean: 6 weeks.  6 WEEKS?!

This time last year, I had a 4 week-old baby and I was just trying to figure out how to be a mom.  For all of you parents out there, you know this is a time that can't quite be explained, but it's glorious in its own right.... let's leave it at that.  But more importantly, I had no time, energy, or brain power to plan Christmas baking; I didn't even make a single batch of my Grandma's shortbread.  *sigh*

This year though.... oh, this year there shall be baking.  Shortbread, peppermint patties, chocolate chip cookie dough truffles, buckeye bark, gingerbread cookie with eggnog frosting, pretzel turtles, and heck why not whiskey, caramel, bacon bark too!

I better get started!  This elf has a lot to do in 6 weeks :)

What will you be baking, creating, enjoying this season?

No comments:

Post a Comment